Father’s Day falls on 17th June this year, and we’ve been thinking of ways that you can put a whole lot of love into your gifts for Dad. There’s nothing better than a handmade gift, as it adds care, thought and a personal touch; and we can’t think of anything better than receiving something with all of those qualities packed into it!
It can, however, be difficult to think of things to make that your Dad will enjoy – so we’ve put together some fab ideas that you can try for yourself!
Image sourced from: http://www.foodtolove.co.nz/recipes/homemade-chilli-oil-21327
Homemade Chilli Oil
Add a bit of a kick to your Father’s Day gift with this amazing chilli oil recipe! You can easily pop it into a little bottle of your choice, and add a personalised gift tag especially for your Dad.
300ml Olive Oil
15g Dried Chilli Flakes
2-3 Whole Dried Chillies
– Warm up the chilli oil in a saucepan gently.
– Add the chilli flakes and whole chillies into the oil and heat for around 3 minutes.
– Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
– Use a funnel to carefully pour the cooled oil into a pan, and then add the remaining chilli flakes and whole chillies into the bottle (this gives a really nice effect)!
– Keep refrigerated – and be sure to use within a week.
Image sourced from: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pixel-T-Shirt-Transfer-Paper-A4-Iron-On-Images-Multiple-Packs-/362044557650
We know that you can buy t-shirts for your Dad pretty much anywhere; but what you can’t buy is a t-shirt that is designed by you, with something really personal on it; whether it be a drawing you have done, or a conversation you have had. It is super easy to create your own designed t-shirt using Iron on Transfer Paper*. You can create your design on the computer; simply print onto the transfer paper, and iron your design onto a plain t-shirt! Peel off the back, and your design will be successfully transferred onto the shirt.
* make sure you follow the instructions!
Father’s Day Questionnaire
A lovely one for children to do; this questionnaire will fill a Father’s heart with that warm, fuzzy feeling that we can’t get enough of! Simply ask your child/children to fill out the following questionnaire:
- What makes Dad happy?
- How does Dad make you laugh?
- How old is Dad?
- What is Dad really good at?
- What is Dad’s job?
- What is Dad’s favourite film?
- What is Dad’s favourite thing to eat?
- What is something Dad always says?
- What is your favourite memory with your Dad?
- What is Dad’s favourite song?
Once the children have filled out this questionnaire, pop the filled out version into an envelope ready for Dad to open on Father’s Day – we can guarantee that this is a lot of fun and truly recommend!
Image sourced from: http://www.sweetpaulmag.com/crafts/dancing-family-cut-outs
Dancing Family Cutouts
These cutouts are just hilarious, and will never fail to cheer up Dad! They are really easy to make, and their personalised touch makes an extra special gift for Father’s Day.
What you will need:
– Family Member Printouts
– Piece of card (However big you need)
– Split Pins
– Print out full body images of each person. Cut them out, and then cut each joint – you should have the following 9 pieces altogether: Body & head, 2 x upper arms, 2 x lower arms, 2 x upper legs, 2 x lower legs and feet.
– Using a split pin, fasten each joint back together so that they move when you wiggle it!
– Stick the body part only to a piece of card.
– Hey presto! You can now move each family member to the beat of any music!
Another great one for the kids – create your own coupons for Dad, pop them into a jar and decorate with a ribbon and gift tag. This is a great way to build up Father and Child relationships as it encourages them to do more together! Some examples of coupons you could use include:
– Breakfast in bed
– Big hug
– Car wash
– Movie night with treats of your choice
– 1 whole day of the remote control
There are so many fun things that you can do to treat Dad on Father’s Day, and we think these ideas are certain to be great gifts! If you aren’t sure on what your Dad might like, we don’t think you can go wrong with chocolate! You can browse through our Father’s Day gifts right here.