Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day, and this is a particularly fun day in our opinion.
The simple act of showing a stranger a little bit of kindness, can make all the difference to that person and continue to touch them for a long time.
Kindness is an often overlooked and under-appreciated gift. In our busy lives it can seem like too much effort to hold open a door, or even just to offer a smile when you pass by on the street, never mind to say hello.
We were designed to live in community, and to do so we need to interact with our fellow human beings, as we all strive to live on this beautiful planet of ours.
For us, this day of Random Acts will definitely involve chocolate, and hopefully making a few people smile. Join us, what could you do to make someone’s day with a small, but ever so powerful act of kindness?
You may never know the impact your act of kindness will have on someone, but where there is an opportunity for kindness, you will be making a difference.
Ten ideas you can do today for RAK
- Tweet or Facebook message a genuine compliment to one person right now.
- Bring donuts or cakes to work for your colleagues.
- Email or write to an old teacher, or someone who made a difference in your life, telling them so.
- Pay for the coffee of the person behind you in the queue.
- Let someone have that parking space. They’re probably in a rush just like you.
- Let the person behind you at the supermarket checkout with one or two items go ahead of you. It will make their day!
- Bring your partner and your children a cup of tea or coffee in bed for a great start to their day. Teenagers love this one!
- Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
- Send anonymous flowers to the receptionist at work.
- Buy a homeless person a cup of tea and have a chat.