Ideal to brush over a wide range of BBQ meats, our delicious chocolate BBQ sauce recipe is perfect for those looking to add depth and additional aromas to their BBQ dishes. With our friends at Coeur De Xocolate, we’ve put together a chocolate BBQ sauce recipe which is relatively easy to make. Let us know how you get on with the recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Dark Chocolate BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Classic Choc Affair dark chocolate bar – grated
- 225g ketchup
- 50g brown sugar
- 30ml instant coffee
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar (any vinegar will do though!)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp powdered mustard
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Dark Chocolate BBQ Sauce Method:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and onions, and cook until soft (5 or so minutes).
- Stir in all the other ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, for about 3 minutes.
- Brush on top of your BBQ Ribs or pork chops, and enjoy!
TIP: Our drinking chocolate flakes are a great alternative if you don’t want to grate the chocolate.