We’ve made it through this far, the first time since 1990, and the Nation is enjoying a sense of pride and accomplishment. Well, at 7pm tonight, it all starts again; and we’re not sure about you, but we’re going to be lighting the BBQ, getting the beer in and cheering along with the best of them. If you want a really easy, BBQ rib recipe, check out our recipe below; it is simple, takes very little effort and is simply delicious!
At the moment, I am barbecuing every Sunday (instead of a traditional Sunday roast), and was keen to find a way to enjoy some chocolate in the savoury food. Loving BBQ ribs (as I do) it seemed to be a good opportunity. Believe me when I say this sauce is incredibly easy, and takes minutes to actually do once you’ve chopped up the bits needed.
I personally prefer slow cooked separated ribs, which I struggle to do on the BBQ; so I always oven cook mine. Take the single ribs, laying them out on an oven tray with a drizzle of olive oil, and then grind some salt and pepper over the top, cover with foil to prevent burning and cook on a low temperature oven (160) for 2.5- 3 hours or so; check they are cooked through, and then baste with the sauce to serve. You’ll know they are cooked when the meat pulls away from the bone effortlessly.
Chocolate BBQ Sauce Recipe
TIME: 20 MINUTES (6 HOURS SETING TIME) // EASY
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 Bar (90g) dark chocolate grated
- 225g ketchup
- 50g brown sugar
- 30ml instant coffee
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar (any vinegar will do though!)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp powdered mustard
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and onions, and cook until soft (5 or so minutes).
- Stir in all the other ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, for about 3 minutes.
- Brush on top of your BBQ Ribs or pork chops, and enjoy!