Fudge at Christmas time is just perfect – easy to make, great for the table, and suitable as a handmade Christmas gift! You can customise your fudge however you want – with Christmas toppings, fruity additions or layers of sauce in the middle; either way, this Dark Chocolate Christmas Fudge is a real taste of Christmas, and is a must try for this year’s festive baking sessions.
MAKES APPROX. 49 SMALL PIECES// TIME: 20 MINUTES (1 HOUR 30 MINUTES SETTING TIME) // EASY
Dark Chocolate Christmas Fudge Ingredients:
- 400g Classic Dark Chocolate
- 397g Condensed Milk
- 25g Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 40g Flaked Almonds
- 1tsp Orange Essence
- 1tsp Almond Essence
Dark Chocolate Christmas Fudge Method:
- Line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the chocolate (broken into pieces), condensed milk, almond essence, orange essence and butter into a saucepan, and heat on a low heat until melted and silky smooth.
- Add the icing sugar (sieved) and stir until combined.
- Put the fudge into the lined baking tray, and use a spatula to press the fudge into the corners. Sprinkle on the almonds and press into the surface of the fudge.
- Chill in the fridge for about 90 minutes, then remove from the tray and cut into squares. You can then serve as it is, or pop in a cellophane bag, tie with some ribbon and give it as a gift.