Florentines are usually quite expensive to buy, but with our easy to follow recipe, you could have your own batch of delicious Florentines to tuck into or gift to a loved one within the hour!
If you are looking to gift them to a loved one, then we’d recommend popping them into a bag and tying them with some seasonal ribbon. You could even add a gift tag for that personal touch! The best part is – this recipe is so quick and easy, and they taste amazing.
Classic Milk Chocolate Florentines Recipe
MAKES 18 FLORENTINES // TIME: 25 MINUTES // EASY
- 50g Salted Butter
- 50g Demerara Sugar
- 50g Golden Syrup
- 50g Plain Flour
- 25g Finely Chopped Glace Cherries
- 25g Finely Chopped Almond Flakes
- 25g Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 200g (2 Bars) Classic Milk Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 c (if you know how long this takes, you don’t have to do it at the start), and line approx. 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Chop up the cherries, almond flakes and walnuts into really small pieces, and add them all to a bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar and golden syrup to a pan, and gently heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth and combined. Remove from the heat, and add the flour, along with the nuts and cherries. Mix until combined into a slightly soft dough texture.
- Spoon around 6 teaspoons of the mixture onto each tray, giving enough room for the florentines to spread. Pop into the oven for 8-10 minutes until flat.
- Leave the florentines to cool, and as they cool, melt your chocolate in the microwave; heating in short 20 second bursts until about ⅔’s have melted. Remove from the microwave, and stir until the rest of the chocolate melts.
- Once the florentines are cool, use the back of a teaspoon to spread some chocolate onto the flat side – you can then use a fork to add a pattern if you which! Alternative ways of doing this include piping the chocolate on, or dipping half of them in – it’s totally up to you!