These stunning custard pots are the perfect treat when you are snuggled up on the sofa with your favourite programme. A dark chocolate custard, made using our 67% Madagascan Single Origin Dark Chocolate, filled with a gooey caramel centre. What’s not to love?
Chocolate & Caramel Custard Pots
MAKES 4-6 BOWLS// TIME: 25 MINUTES (+ 3 HOURS COOLING TIME) // EASY
- 150g 67% Madagascar Dark Chocolate
- 600ml Double Cream
- 1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 75g Carnation Caramel
- Add the cream and vanilla to a saucepan and heat on the hob until almost boiling. Whilst the cream heats up, break up the chocolate and add to a heatproof bowl. When ready, pour the cream over the chocolate. Leave to melt a little, then stir to combine, allowing the chocolate to completely melt.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in another bowl. When combined, pour the egg mixture into the chocolate cream, and then add back into a clean pan. Stir on a low heat until very thick – for around 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, divide the mixture evenly into 4-6 ramekins. Using a spoon, make a hole in the centre of the chocolate custard, and add a small amount of the caramel. Cover over with some custard, and repeat for the remaining ramekins.
- When ready, place the pots into the fridge for 3 hours (or overnight). Once cooled, you can enjoy your custard pots with that extra gooey, caramel centre – yum!
Get your Ingredients…
67% Madagascar Dark Chocolate Bar
Our 67% Madagascar reveals a very intense round and sweet taste, with a tempered bitterness. It is topped with refreshing, moderately acidic flavours, and notes of fruity berries and citrus fruits.