This cheesecake recipe is a little more grown up when it comes to desserts – but still really easy to make, and totally delicious! Enjoy a beautifully crunchy base, topped with a smooth, rich and creamy cheesecake filling – with hints of sharp passion fruit bursting through each mouthful. This is perfect for those family get togethers and friend gatherings.
MAKES 12-16 SLICES // TIME: 1 HOUR (+ 4 HOURS CHILLING TIME) // EASY
Dark Chocolate & Passion Fruit Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 300g Chocolate Digestives (Milk or Dark)
- 50g Melted Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 650g Cream Cheese
- 80g Sifted Icing Sugar
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 75ml Double Cream
- 100-150ml Passion Fruit Coulis (We used Aldi’s Passion Fruit & Mango Coulis)
Dark Chocolate & Passion Fruit Cheesecake Method:
- Grease a 20cm spring form tin with some butter. Cut a circle of baking paper the size of the base, and use it to line the bottom of the tin.
- Pop the digestive biscuits into a food processor, and whiz around until crumbs are formed. Then, add in the melted butter, and whiz around again until combined.
- Tip the contents of the food processor into the tin, and use the back of a spoon to press the base into shape until smooth.
- To make the cheesecake, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave in short 20 second bursts.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese and use a hand whisk to beat until smooth. Then add in the icing sugar and cocoa powder, and beat until fully combined.
- Pour in the double cream and beat again until the mixture becomes stiffer. Then, stir in the melted chocolate (quite quickly to avoid it cooling too fast) and around 50-75ml of the coulis.
- Once combined, pour the mixture on top of the base, and spread until completely covered and smooth. Drizzle on top some more passion fruit coulis, and then pop in the fridge to set for about 4 hours (or overnight if possible). When set, remove from the tin and enjoy!