I just love the ease of a cheesecake; and when you add a touch of gin, it doesn’t get any better! Having said that, I do feel this recipe could take little more gin – so watch this space for a G&T cheesecake take 2! I was in a bit of a rush when I made this, and didn’t have time to make a homemade curd topping; so a great cheat is to use Marks and Spencers Lemon, Gin and tonic sauce – a quick and easy alternative.
Gin & Tonic Cheesecake Recipe
MAKES 1// TIME: 20 MINUTES (1 HOUR SETTING TIME) // EASY
- 250g Digestive Biscuits
- 100g Melted Butter
- 600g Cream Cheese
- 100g Icing Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon (plus extra zest to serve)
- 50ml Gin
- 280ml Double Cream (Plus extra to decorate)
- Butter and line the sides of a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin, or if you have one blitz in a food processor. Personally I try to avoid mammoth amounts of washing up so I tend to blitz a lot in one go and pop them in an air tight container for my next baking endeavours. Put them into a bowl, then pour over the melted butter. Mix thoroughly and press firmly down into the tin base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set firmly.
- Place the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl, then beat with an electric whisk until smooth. Tip in the gin and double cream, and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick and completely combined. Now spoon onto the biscuit base, and spread to the edges. Smooth the top of the cheesecake down and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Whip the remaining cream, and pipe as you wish, then drizzle the M&S sauce over, and grate a little more lemon zest over the top. Serve and enjoy.