Who doesn’t love Cookies! Chocolate, shortbread, cakes, truffles, trifle even! However we do have a small bug bear that sometimes, biscuits and cookies are mislabelled! And we love cookies, that lovely doughy chocolatey mouthful!
We have found this recipe for those times you are in mood for cookies, they are great to bake with kids of all ages and if you can save enough mix you, we suggest freezing it to put on top of ice-cream for as an extra topping for movie night! Yum!
Note: If you like the moist soft cookies than we have found in our ‘extensive cookie research’, take them out of the oven a couple of minutes earlier. Leave them on the tray as the heat from that will keep them cooking but at a slower rate which leaves you with delicious, chewy, soft, fall apart cookies!
Gluten Free Cookie ingredients:
- 50g butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 20g egg replacer
- 200g gluten-free plain flour blend
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- pinch of salt salt
- 200g chocolate (Choc affair dark chocolate is our favourite!)
Gluten Free Cookie method:
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5
- Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- After lining the a baking tray with greaseproof paper, add the cream butter and sugar to your mixing bowl.
- After a good stir, gradually start adding the replacer eggs and vanilla, remember to keep mixing!
- In a separate bowl, sift together the gluten-free flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Optional extra: If you want to make your cookies super chocolatey, add cocoa powder to the flour before adding to the mix.
- Add the flour mixture to the replacer eggs mixture, and stir until blended.
- Finally (the best bit), add in your chocolate pieces into the mixture and stir until the dough is sticky! Keep a few extra chunks to one side… all will be explained!
- Using a teaspoon, drop the mixture 5cm apart on prepared baking tray. You can squish them down for bigger ones or leave them high for fat ones!
- Using the extra chocolate chunks that you put to one side, pop them on top of the cookies… this chocolate will melt on top making them extra chocolatey!
- Bake in for 6 – 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Allow them to cool before eating, 2 minutes should be enough for all those eager beavers!
Remember, you can use any of our our delicious flavoured bars for this recipe.