This tropical twist on a true classic will undoubtedly warm up your day, with fruity hints of lemon, and white chocolate. The best part is, this recipe is super quick and easy to make – perfect for weekend visitors or an afternoon treat!
Lemon,& White Chocolate Scones
MAKES 8-10 // TIME: 30-40 MINUTES // EASY
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 55g Salted Butter
- 25g Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 150ml Milk
- ½ Lemon
- 90g Bar White Chocolate
- 1 Free Range Egg
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour and salt together; then add in the butter, and rub together to create fine crumbs.
- Mix the sugar into the crumb mixture, and then add the milk and the juice of ½ a lemon and begin to combine. This will form a slightly wet dough – but don’t worry, this will be fine once we start to roll it out.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks, and add to the dough. Knead this in to ensure the chocolate is well dispersed.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to around 2cm thick. Using a medium-sized cutter, cut out the scones, and then repeat until all of the dough has been used. Place the scones onto the lined baking tray.
- Beat the egg and brush over the top of the scones – this gives a lovely golden finish!
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until well risen and beautifully golden.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with lemon curd and clotted cream (warm or cool)!
The Choc Affair Team x