So, this quick and easy dessert came about because I was having friends over and hadn’t thought about a pudding (that’s my Yorkshire roots speaking there!), so needed to come up with something quick and easy. The beauty was, I had some of our Mango White Chocolate in the house left over from my previous fudge making efforts; so it was about seeing what else I had in the cupboard to go with the chocolate to make a simple pud’.
Thank heavens for a deep cupboard, as I found a pack of sweet pastry tartlet cases (thankfully still in date), and ready to use; a touch of cream, and I was set.
This is the easiest recipe, and the ganache filled the 6 cases perfectly; so inexpensive to make, but still obviously home made, and quite delicious! And of course, you can do it with whatever chocolate you have in the house; you’ll just need to alter the ratios depending on which chocolate you choose.
Mango White Chocolate Tartlets
MAKES 6 // TIME: 10 MINUTES (1-2 HOURS COOLING) // Easy
- 85g Choc affair Mango White Chocolate, finely chopped
- 42g Double cream
- 6 Ready made pastry cases
- Decoration of your choice
- Pop the finely chopped chocolate in to a bowl (again I should say in a bowl over hot water, but as always, life is just too short for that).
- Heat the cream in the microwave with 10 second bursts until hot, and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Leave for a minute or so for the chocolate to start to melt, then stir in until smooth.Pour into the ready made pastry cases, pop in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- For decoration I chopped up some dried mango (readily available in the supermarkets in the dried fruit section), and grated some chocolate; then sprinkled over the top of each sweet pastry tartlet. If you want a bit more ooomph, why not add a drizzle of Mango and Passionfruit coulis? It looks lovely and has a really vibrant taste (I bought both the tartlets and the coulis from Sainsburys)
- The crisp, buttery pastry case offsets the mild, creamy mango chocolate perfectly; creating a light, yet delicious chocolate dessert.