Dive into the deliciousness head first people, our gorgeous Peppermint Fondant recipe is here just in time for October! This recipe is perfect for those dinner parties when you need a grande finale to the evening – in appearance and taste.
Peppermint Fondant ingredients
For this recipe you will need:
- 50g melted butter for brushing
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2oogm (2 bars) Choc Affair Peppermint Dark Chocolate (broken up)
- 200g butter in small pieces
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs & 4 extra egg yolks
- 200g plain flour
Peppermint Fondant Method
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6
- Get your moulds ready, by brushing the melted butter all over the inside of the then add a spoonful of cocoa powder. Tip the mould so the powder completely coats the butter. Tap any excess cocoa back into the jar, then repeat with the other moulds. Pop into the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave on a medium heat. Once nearly melted, stir until smooth and leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and yolks together with the sugar until thick and pale. I used an electric whisk for ease (& speed).
- Sift the flour into the eggs, then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, beating well, until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is smooth and well mixed.
- For ease, tip the mixture into a jug, then divide between the moulds. Chill for at least 20 mins or up to the night before.
- Pop the fondants onto a baking tray, then cook for 10-12 mins until the tops are crusty and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Take out & leave to sit for 1 min before turning out.
- Loosen the fondants, & gently ease them out of the moulds onto your serving plate. Add a scoop of ice cream & garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately & enjoy.