What better way to use up all those pumpkins after Halloween! It’s a welcomed treat on those cold and crisp days when you fancy something hot and delicious!
Pumpkin & Squash Soup Ingredients:
- 1 Small pumpkin
- 1 Medium butternut squash
- 1 Medium onion
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Litre chicken stock (or vegetarian if you wish)
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Single cream (optional)
- 50gm of Choc Affair Classic Dark Chocolate (finely grated).
Pumpkin & Squash Soup Method:
- Gather all of the vegetables and chop them finely, this makes it quicker to cook.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped vegetables and cook until they have softened.
- Add the chicken stock to the vegetables and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, pulse until smooth. Season the soup to your taste with salt and pepper. At this point you can add the cream for a creamier soup, or not, it’s completely up to you.
- Serve your delicious soup into bowls, or for the wow factor, put back into the carved out pumpkin! Sprinkle a good size spoon of the grated chocolate on top, and serve with fresh bread and butter… enjoy!