This Rhubarb Semifreddo recipe is sure to delight with it’s fruity tones and delicious flavours!
Rhubarb Semifreddo ingredients:
- 75gm Golden caster sugar
- 4 Medium egg
- 250gm Choc Affair Rhubarb Milk Chocolate (finely chopped)
- 450ml Double cream
- 200gm Frozen strawberries
Rhubarb Milk Chocolate Semifreddo Method:
- Great a 900g/2lb loaf tin with butter and line with cling film.
- Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then place over the simmering water and whisk until pale, thick and doubles in volume. Remove from the heat, plunge the bottom of the bowl into cold water and continue whisking until the mixture is cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on a low setting, stir, then fold into the egg mixture. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture with the frozen strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smooth the surface with a spoon, then cover and freeze until firm. This can be done up to 2 weeks ahead.
- To serve, turn out onto a serving dish, remove the cling film and leave in the fridge for 15 mins to soften slightly before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh cream and enjoy!