This sweet yet salty, indulgent and irresistible tear apart bread is a sweet treat on a whole new level! Best served warm and straight from the oven, this sweet loaf is packed full of gooey salted caramel and chocolate chunks. Simply divine!
MAKES 1 LOAF// TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES (+ 1 HOURS 30 MINUTES PROOFING TIME) // MEDIUM
Salted Caramel Chocolate ‘Tear & Share’ Bread Ingredients:
- 7g Dried Fast Action Yeast
- 2tbsp Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 455g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1tsp Salt
- 295ml Lukewarm Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 397g Carnation Caramel
- 110g Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate
Salted Caramel Chocolate ‘Tear & Share’ Bread Method:
- Line a baking tin (you could use a large loaf tin or a square brownie tin) with greaseproof paper.
- Add the yeast, flour, sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the milk and egg, and use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, and knead for around 10-15 minutes. Clean out your mixing bowl, and rub a little oil on the inside. When your dough is ready, place back into the now oiled bowl, and cover with cling film. Leave to rise and double in size for 1 hour.
- Once risen, remove from the bowl and knead for a further 2 minutes. Then, break into walnut sized pieces.
- Chop up your chocolate into small pieces. Drizzle a good layer of caramel into the bottom of your baking tin, and then add a few balls of dough into the bottom. Layer up with another layer of caramel, and a handful of chocolate. Repeat until you have filled the tin and used up all of your ingredients. Cover the tin loosely with cling film, and allow to rise once more for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4, and when your dough has risen, remove the cling film and bake in the oven for 45 Minutes. Pop some foil over the bread at around 20 minutes in to stop the top from burning.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and tin, tear apart and share on the day made.
Get your Ingredients…
Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate
Our Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate bar starts with a smooth, melting sensation; and as you continue to taste, a toffee like flavour imerses; finishing with a hint of salt that will certainly lead you into the next bite. We say never underestimate the power of Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate.