It’s almost that time of year again, where we really show our appreciation to the ones we love. Valentine’s Day is approaching, and we have the perfect recipe that will knock that special person’s socks off! Even better – this recipe simply can’t go wrong, and is a true classic (with a Choc Affair twist of course)!
Nothing says romantic more than a beautiful rose; so we thought that we would infuse our delightful raspberry and rose milk chocolate into everyone’s favourite: chocolate brownies – and with this super easy recipe, you’ll be able to sit back, relax and enjoy your romantic evening.
Raspberry & Rose Chocolate Brownies
MAKES 16 // TIME: 45 MINUTES // EASY
- 225g Raspberry & Rose Milk Chocolate
- 100g Salted Butter
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsps Vanilla Essence
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 75g Raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and divide equally into two bowls.
- Add the sugar to a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter, and add to the sugar. Mix together until thick and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture, and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Melt one half of the chocolate in a bowl, and then whisk into the mixture.
- Fold in the sieved cocoa powder, self raising flour and salt – but be careful not to mix too much, as this will make the brownie more cake like!
- Add the remaining chocolate pieces and raspberries into the mixture.
- Line a baking tin (we think an 8 inch square tin works rather well), and add the mixture to the tin. Use a spatula to smooth into the corners.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Test to ensure the brownie is cooked by using a cake tester on the edges of the brownie – if cooked, the tester will be clean. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool – or serve warm with extra raspberries and a little cream!
These deliciously gooey brownies really are the way to anyone’s heart – they’ve certainly won us over! Filled with tart, juicy raspberries and enhanced with the slightly floral taste of rose – all encased in thick, chocolatey goodness! The best part is – there will still be some left over for the 15th February too! You can find our beautifully handmade Raspberry & Rose Milk Chocolate bars online here.
Enjoy – and Happy Valentine’s Day for 14th February!
The Choc Affair Team x