With November being World Vegan Month, we are celebrating with a collection of recipes for you to try at home using our now vegan certified dark chocolate!
This recipe came about as we knew that one of the biggest vegan desserts was of course, the chocolate brownie; but we also appreciate that a brownie is not the only thing that you would want, having a vegan diet. The aim is to come up with a recipe that ensures binding, flavour and texture without using eggs or dairy. And so, this Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread was born; a great sweet recipe that gives texture and flavour, and could be eaten as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
MAKES 1 // TIME: 40 MINUTES // EASY
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 250g Oats
- 4tbsp Golden Syrup
- 25ml Soya Milk
- 100g (1 Bar) Dark Chocolate
- 2 Small Bananas
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Add the oats, banana, golden syrup and baking powder into a blender, and blend until combined.
- Melt 75g of the dark chocolate in short bursts using the microwave; then add the melted chocolate to the blender, along with the soya milk.
- Blend together until a chocolate-y mixture is formed. Break up the remaining chocolate into chunks, and add to the mixture (but don’t blend this time); mix using a spoon, and then add to a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool (or serve warm; yum)! Try adding almond butter or a vegan chocolate spread for an extra ‘wow’.