This winter warmer is perfect for cold nights, as you long for something indulgent and chocolate-y; and what’s even better, this recipe is suitable for Vegans too! The slight bitterness from the dark chocolate combined with the sweetness of the soya milk and sugar makes this rice pudding a cut above the rest; and it’s so easy to make!
When we had our dark chocolate registered with the Vegan Society, we knew that we wanted to try out some vegan recipes so that anyone could give them a go – and show how amazing being vegan really is! We wanted to make sure that our Cocoa Corner was totally inclusive; and so we decided to make this recipe, inspired by our love of traditional puds and of course, chocolate!
We’ve made sure that this vegan rice pudding doesn’t take forever to make – we know how frustrating it is when you’ve got little time on your hands, so we just used packets of microwave rice! Just make sure you check the packaging to see if it’s suitable for vegans.
The addition of banana in this recipe gives an extra level of flavour – I mean who doesn’t love the chocolate/banana combination? Delicious!
Vegan Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe
MAKES 4 SMALL BOWLS // TIME: 20 MINUTES // EASY
- 1 Small Banana
- 250g Pre-cooked Rice
- 75g Dark Chocolate
- 200ml Soya Milk (Or other non-dairy alternative)
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 3tbsp Sugar
- Add 150g of the rice into a blender, along with 170ml soya milk, and the cinnamon. Blend until fully combined.
- Add the remaining soya milk into a saucepan, along with the dark chocolate, and gentle heat until melted and a smooth paste is formed. Then, add the contents from the blender and the remaining rice into the pan.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes until bubbling, then add the sugar and mix in.
- Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until as thick as you like; and then serve in small dishes. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients…
Classic Dark Chocolate Bar
Our luxurious classic dark chocolate bar has been handcrafted in our York kitchen, using 60% cocoa solids, and a hint of natural vanilla flavouring to enhance the beautifully, rich taste from the bar.