With a great love for white chocolate and rice pudding. we created this recipe after struggling to find a good quality white chocolate rice pudding at the supermarket. Adding in a fruity topping to balance the sweetness with a sharper, tart fruity taste, this is a great little pud to share with friends and family, perhaps after a light meal – and it’s perfect for colder nights when you are curled up on the sofa.
MAKES 6-10 BOWLS // TIME: 1 HOUR // EASY
White Chocolate Rice Pudding with a Cherry & Rhubarb Compote Ingredients:
- 3 Large Oranges
- 30ml Water
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 200g Rhubarb (Cleaned and Chopped)
- 200g Cherries (Pitted and Chopped)
- 500ml Whole Milk
- 160ml Double Cream
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 150g Arborio Rice
- 110g classic white chocolate (Finely Chopped)
White Chocolate Rice Pudding with a Cherry & Rhubarb Compote Method:
- For the fruit compote, squeeze the juice from the oranges into a pan. Add in the water, sugar, cherries and rhubarb. Turn the heat to medium, and continually stir for around 5 minutes. Then turn the heat to low, and allow the mixture to simmer for around 5-10 minutes, until a compote texture forms and the fruit is soft. Pop to one side until you are ready to serve.
- Begin making the rice pudding by adding the rice, milk, cream and sugar to a pan. Stir together and bring the mixture to a boil. Then, lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for around 40 minutes, until thick and creamy and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add in the white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts, then pop a lid on the pan and leave for 5-10 minutes in it’s own steam (not on the heat). Divide the rice pudding into small bowls, and serve with a spoonful of compote on top!