With the launch of our brand new Gin & Tonic Chocolate range, we simply had to use the chocolate to create some delicious recipes too. This is our classic chocolate brownie with a cheeky twist…
MAKES 16 // TIME: 45 MINUTES // EASY
- 225g Gin & Tonic Milk Chocolate (Chopped)
- 100g Salted Butter
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsps Vanilla Essence
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 Shot of Gin (boozy optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- Break up the chocolate, and divide into 2 bowls (one being microwavable).
- Add the sugar to a large mixing bowl. Melt the butter, and add to the sugar. Combine until thick and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla into the mixture, and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the juice of half the lime, lime zest and shot of gin – mix until combined.
- Melt half of the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave; then add the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl – stir until a thick, gloopy chocolate mixture forms.
- Fold in the sieved flour, salt and cocoa powder – don’t mix too much, or your brownie will be cake-like!
- Add the remaining chocolate into the mixture, then add into the baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes; once ready, remove and allow to cool. Cut into 16 equal square pieces.
- Serve with a gin and tonic, and enjoy!