We think that October is the perfect month to be talking all things salted caramel – with Halloween and Bonfire Night approaching, we think it’s only appropriate to incorporate the delicious taste of warming salted caramel into a recipe. Our salted caramel milk chocolate combines the creamy taste of chocolate with a slightly salted, gooey caramel – and what better way to use than in a simple cookie recipe that everyone will love?
MAKES APPROX. 16 // TIME: 30 MINUTES // EASY
Salted Caramel Cookie Ingredients:
- 125g Softened Salted Butter
- 100g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 200g Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate
Salted Caramel Cookie Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until a smooth mixture is formed. Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture, and begin the combine with spoon. When the mixture starts to come together, switch to your hands and finish combing until a dough is formed.
- Grate 20g of the chocolate. Add this to the mixture until dispersed evenly.
- Chop the remaining 180g chocolate into small chunks (or bigger chunks – whatever you prefer), and add to the dough. Use your hands to get the chocolate evenly distributed!
- Divide the dough into 16 balls. Line a baking tray, and add around 6 balls of dough on a tray at a time – these will spread a lot, so make sure there’s enough space so that they don’t unite!
- Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes. The cookies may not look that cooked when they come out – but that’s ok. Tap the tray on a surface so that the cookies sink in a little. Once cooled, you will have cookies that are chewy rather than crunchie!
If you love the look of this recipe, then you can grab yourself some of our Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate by clicking here.