This gorgeous recipe is a lovely reinvention of the traditional trifle, with it’s surprisingly delicious taste and texture, it’s just divine!
Blackcurrant & Liquorice Trifle ingredients:
- 375ml Milk
- 5 Egg yolks
- 2oogm Choc affair Blackcurrant & Liquorice chocolate
- 3tbsp Sugar
- 2tsp Cornflour
- Chocolate sponge
- 1 Blackcurrant jelly
- Blackcurrant and mixed fruits (frozen)
- Fresh cream
Blackcurrant & Liquorice Trifle Method
- Heat the milk in a pan until it just begins to bubble. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate pieces and stir a few times as the chocolate melts.
- Beat or whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl for 2 – 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix a teaspoon of cornflour with a few tablespoons of the warm chocolate milk and stir until it’s a smooth paste (no lumps). Add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the warm milk in the pan and whisk over a very low heat until it has thickened slightly. Leave aside to cool.
- Make the jelly as per the instructions, and leave to one side.
- Pop the chocolate sponge in the bottom of 5 individual or one large dish, and add a layer of the fruits. Pour over some jelly and leave to set.
- Once cooled and set, add a generous layer of the chocolate custard. Whip the cream, spoon on top of the trifle and grate the remaining bar, to decorate. Serve and enjoy!