This gorgeous Pavlova recipe is full of fruity flavours which will tantalise your taste buds and make you come back for an extra sweet serving!
Mango & Passion Fruit Pavlova Ingredients:
For the meringue:
- 6 Medium free range egg whites
- 300gm Caster sugar
- 1tsp Cornflour
- 1tsp White wine vinegar
For the filling:
- 250ml Double cream
- 150gm Choc affair Classic White chocolate
- 500gm Frozen mango chunks
- 3 Passion fruit (scooped)
- 1tbsp Butter
- 1tbsp Brown sugar
- 1tsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Orange juice
- 3tbsp Water
Mango & Passion Fruit Pavlova Method:
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, gas mark 1.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add half of the sugar and whisk until firm, then fold in the remainder of the sugar until combined. Gently fold in the cornflour and vinegar with a spoon until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment and with a large spoon, make a nest shape with the meringue.
- Pop in the oven and for an hour and a half, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue overnight or for a further 6-8 hours. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Pop the frozen mangoes, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, and water in a saucepan, and heat over a medium heat, stir until the mixture thickens. Once thickened, leave to cool, and then serve.
- Whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Melt the White chocolate and spread the melted chocolate in the centre of the meringue nest, then fill with the whipped cream, a layer of the mango puree, and the passion fruit (which has been scooped out of the fruit) and serve.
- Tip: If you are short for time, you can always buy a ready made meringue base and still serve an impressive dessert!