Not only is porridge quick to make, but it is also a great meal to kickstart your day. The beauty of porridge is that it is a versatile product which means that it can be used with a wide range of foods such as nuts, fruits and even, chocolate! This means that you can create breakfasts to suit all taste buds.
Our chocolate porridge with slice almonds is easy to make and will give you the boost you need to get on with your day. Let us know how you get on.
Prep time: 10-20 minutes
Chocolate Porridge with Sliced Almonds Ingredients:
- 40 grams of oats
- 100 ml of milk (ideally coconut milk, however, any other alternatives can be used)
- 3 tbsp of Hot Chocolate Flakes (we used dark chocolate flakes in this recipe, but any of our flakes can be used)
- Sliced Almonds (other alternatives can be used such as fruits and berries if you prefer)
Chocolate Porridge with Sliced Almonds Method:
- Heat the milk, hot chocolate flakes and oats in a saucepan on a medium heat and stir regularly until you get your preferred consistency (do add more milk and oats if you need to).
- Once you are happy with the consistency, serve the porridge in a bowl and top with your sliced almond or other preferred nuts, fruits, berries… or chocolate! We’d recommend adding a few squares of chocolate from our classic range.
- Once finished, tuck in and enjoy!