Such a simple and classic recipe, that everyone loves, especially when they are packed full of our delicious real Colombian dark chocolate!
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 100gm Self raising flour
- 20gm Cocoa powder
- 140gm Caster sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 40gm Unsalted butter
- 120ml Whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼tsp of vanilla extract
- 150gm Double cream
- 150gm Classic Dark Chocolate Bar
Chocolate Cupcakes Method
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3.
- Add the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a bowl and mix together until well combined.
- In a jug whisk the milk, egg and vanilla together. Slowly pour half into the mixture, beat to combine, then add the remaining, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper cases and cook for 20 minutes until they’re golden in colour and have risen.
- Break up the Dark chocolate into small pieces. Heat the cream in the microwave or a saucepan, and pour over the chopped chocolate, stir until fully melted. Allow to cool.
- Using a hand mixer beat the chocolate until light and fluffy, then pop into a piping bag and start decorating your cupcakes.
- Grate the remaining chocolate, and sprinkle over the finished cupcakes, serve and enjoy!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any flavour of chocolate for the frosting, so have a play and use what chocolate you have in the cupboard and try some flavour combinations.